Capitalism World 4.0 - Entertainment/Medical Edition

Discussions about modding and share your mods with other players in this forum.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Capitalism World 4.0 - Entertainment/Medical Edition

Post by David »

Arcnor wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:21 pm Yes, the doctors have to be "education/grown" so they can be used as input in the service. Basically, the farm is the only component in-game that allows for basically creating something from nothing. If I had developer control for the day, I would make it where the input was building-specific (i.e. doctors could only be grown at Colleges).
Hi Arcnor,

If you have more concrete ideas on how this should be implemented, please let us know and I will forward your suggestions to the dev team.
saffgee
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by saffgee »

This is exactly what I suggested on the chat - if you make factories and farms behave like retail venues, then there could/would be a moddable data file that allows you to select which goods are allowed to be produced by which building. This seems like the easiest route to get this into the game as the concept is already in place for retail buildings. My only concern would be the complexity of it for the AI and then possibly as a result the game speed.
GotBuds
Level 2 user

Post by GotBuds »

Loving your new Mod Arcnor. The Previous Cap World Mod was my favorite and this new one is quickly becoming the same! Glad to see you back and Modding again :D
louis1016

Post by louis1016 »

Is it possible you can release a version without the real companies? The game always incorrectly gives a few companies the wrong expertise each game (with every mod) and its immersion breaking.
to_anderson

Post by to_anderson »

Hello,

I'm getting an error every time I attempt to open the menu for building retail stores, which causes the game to immediately crash, with the following message:

Error on File : ilib\Vgabuf.cpp
Line : 608

I am on a fresh install of both the game and the mod with no other changes made.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, very excited to try your MOD!

Cheers
David

Post by David »

to_anderson wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:00 pm Hello,

I'm getting an error every time I attempt to open the menu for building retail stores, which causes the game to immediately crash, with the following message:

Error on File : ilib\Vgabuf.cpp
Line : 608

I am on a fresh install of both the game and the mod with no other changes made.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, very excited to try your MOD!

Cheers
This bug occurs when using this mod in 1024x768 screen mode.

The programmer will get this fixed in the next update v.7.1.08.
potuswilliams

Post by potuswilliams »

Is there a way to edit the dates of when something's eligible for invention? I noticed, unlike other mods with the dbf files, CAPWorld operates with Res files which I haven't figured out how to edit yet.
nejxis
Level 3 user

Post by nejxis »

Hello, Thanks for this. Cool new ideas.

Yeah there should be a section that acts like 'farms / factories' but are called something like 'Educational Buildings' in which you would find universities, colleges, trade schools.

This would create doctors, nurses, hairdressers, actors and so on.

Then entrepreneurs can invest in hospitals, hotels, cinemas, movie making and all the services industry. - but that would be a whole new DLC all by itself ;) :roll:

Anyway, I have an issue with this mod, in the telecom industry, it seems to stay unprofitable and cash sink, I am not sure why and what changed.
David

Post by David »

nejxis wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:32 am Yeah there should be a section that acts like 'farms / factories' but are called something like 'Educational Buildings' in which you would find universities, colleges, trade schools.

This would create doctors, nurses, hairdressers, actors and so on.
Any concrete ideas on how such 'Educational Buildings' will function in the game? How would its UI look like?
Rusty Gamer
Level 2 user

Post by Rusty Gamer »

Had trouble figuring out how to install this mod. It appears it works differently now than a few years ago I think.