Money disappearing when buying public commercial buildings[resolved]

City Economic Simulation DLC for Capitalism Lab
Pietro
Mod Contributor
Mod Contributor

Re: [bug] Money disappearing when buying public commercial buildings[resolved]

Post by Pietro »

I have send the 2 version with 37 and with 40+ apartment, and also the image of the building that when duplicated too many times seem to create the error.
It is not the latest version because i only tested image sizes per building category. This is where i realize i have 2 problems in apartment buildings because i thought only 1 commercial building and 1 HQ were too tall so this version has no commercial buildings and no headquarters. only apartment that launch properly in 1024x768px resolution when 37 of them. but not with 40+.

1 problem i think is the latest version has images too big as you said => i need to continue searching this is my fault because when i did the images i only removed the pixels on the sides and under the image because those prevent the game from loading in my habitual 1600x900 resolution but i didn't really care about potential pixels forgotten above the buildings because i didn't have the problem until the update that reset the settings to windowed mode by default made me realize.

1 problem i think is that the latest version has too many buildings => i need a limit anyway 40 is a lot, this is a change that would require a UI modfication for player to select the buildings that don't fit in 1 screen and i don't really need it. maybe it is better to document it as a data limit like there are other data limit documented at this page :https://www.capitalismlab.com/mod/mod-data-size-limits/

anyway you choose is fine with me, thanks you for supporting the modding of the game :)
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

The crash bug that occurred when display more than 40 buildings in 1024x768 mode has been fixed. Please download the new patch v8.0.11 from https://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewt ... f=7&t=8732
Pietro
Mod Contributor
Mod Contributor

Post by Pietro »

The crash no longer occur but now the too many apartments to fit on the screen are displayed over the first apartments. This is happening for the version with 37 apartment for example. There is only 30 buildings displayed on the screen from the list, then the other 7 are displayed above the building 1 2 3 4 5 6 7.

It means on the construction menu there is the icon for building 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 but when you click and build, it really builds another apartment, the 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

It means on the construction menu there is the icon for building 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 but when you click and build, it really builds another apartment, the 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
The bug has been fixed. Please download the new patch v8.0.12 from https://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewt ... f=7&t=8732
Pietro
Mod Contributor
Mod Contributor

Money disappearing when buying public commercial buildings[resolved]

Post by Pietro »

Yes the ovelapping display has been removed !

Now the buildings after 30 don't display at all in 1024*768, i will then consider that the limit and will try to make a coherent set of that quantity because i tried to order building by size, and only the larger ones were missing maybe it will help me finding the images that are too large :)

I could add "hidden" bonus at the end of the list, only visible in higher res and leave a note in the .txt.

[Edit: I found out the cause of the problem for my images. I had moved the channel-alpha-mask at the same time as i moved a building to align it using the software GIMP. This lead to some images having no transparency and no pixel on a thin rectangle at the top of the picture. It doesn't show in game and it happened on small buildings this was confusing but it is easy to fix]