Capitalism Lab Post-Release Beta V8.1.03 full version installer now available

General Discussions about new beta versions of Capitalism Lab
Prof.XIAO

Re: Capitalism Lab Post-Release Beta V8.1.00 full version installer now available

Post by Prof.XIAO »

作为世界排名第一的商业策略游戏,Capitalism Lab是一款十分难得的经济模拟器——寓教于乐,启示财商!感谢官方持续更新,带给玩家朋友快乐! :D
Financial Road CapLab Official Chinese Community
FCT Sinicization Team
QQ Group Number:①817-380-613/②754-365-305/③937-774-944
E-mail:info_fct@163.com
rafaeltodero
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Re: Capitalism Lab Post-Release Beta V8.1.00 full version installer now available

Post by rafaeltodero »

I have a question, I downloaded the beta, and even selecting to activate the service companies. Service companies do not appear in the constructions palette.

Do service companies only work with MOD?
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

rafaeltodero wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:50 am I have a question, I downloaded the beta, and even selecting to activate the service companies. Service companies do not appear in the constructions palette.

Do service companies only work with MOD?
Please read the section "Loading a MOD with Service Firms" on the original post https://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewt ... =10&t=8817 for the details about how to have Service Firms in the game.
cooler

Post by cooler »

Seems like you changed the launcher to a secure connection? I am no longer able to play on my Windows XP SP3 computer.
bpeter3196

Post by bpeter3196 »

Does this overwrite previous Capitalism Lab versions? I mean games saved would they still be playible without the new features obviously but just wondering if the new completely over-writes the older versions.
David

Post by David »

cooler wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:10 am Seems like you changed the launcher to a secure connection? I am no longer able to play on my Windows XP SP3 computer.
If you are using Windows XP, you may download the version of Capitalism Lab that supports Windows XP (V6.5.20) from the following link: https://caplab.b-cdn.net/Capitalism_Lab ... 520_XP.exe

For your information, since version 7.0, Capitalism Lab has been using the latest version of Microsoft library, which requires Windows Vista or above, as Microsoft has discontinued the support for Windows XP which was released in 2001.

Unfortunately the decision to discontinue Windowx XP was made by Microsoft and there isn't anything we could do on our end. I would recommend that you use version 6.5.20 or consider upgrading to Windows 10 or 11.
David

Post by David »

bpeter3196 wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:45 am Does this overwrite previous Capitalism Lab versions? I mean games saved would they still be playible without the new features obviously but just wondering if the new completely over-writes the older versions.
Please read the FAQ about post-release beta version: https://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewt ... =10&t=1265

If you have any further questions, please let us know.
CAMIS1JA

Post by CAMIS1JA »

The new post-release beta is not stable on Windows 11. The game crashes every time I attempt to play. The crash occurs after the game loads to the city map.

Thanks!
David

Post by David »

CAMIS1JA wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:03 am The new post-release beta is not stable on Windows 11. The game crashes every time I attempt to play. The crash occurs after the game loads to the city map.

Thanks!
I just tested it on Windows 11. It ran properly without any problems. Could you please let us know what error message you have got?

Did anyone encounter any problems with v8.1.00 on Windows 11 too?
12345cha
Level 2 user

Re: Capitalism Lab Post-Release Beta V8.1.01 full version installer now available

Post by 12345cha »

Options that could have been continued by pressing Shift have been deleted. Is it an intended functional improvement?
I'm too tired to set up the building. It would be great if continuous construction function is added.