Product Profitability Fine-tuning in RealWorld MOD v12.0

Discussions about modding and share your mods with other players in this forum.
Gamechangernation
Level 3 user

Re: Product Profitability Fine-tuning in RealWorld MOD v12.0

Post by Gamechangernation »

David wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:30 am It should be produced in a service firm instead of a factory. Please see this web page for more details: https://www.capitalismlab.com/service-firms/
I Understand that it should be produced in a service firm but how do u sell it to a hotel so that it becomes part of that production for the hotel business? I have tried this but my hotel does not recognize that i produce either Catering service or professional cleaning in my service firm. But it does recognize that seaports sell both.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

Gamechangernation wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 3:52 pm I Understand that it should be produced in a service firm but how do u sell it to a hotel so that it becomes part of that production for the hotel business? I have tried this but my hotel does not recognize that i produce either Catering service or professional cleaning in my service firm. But it does recognize that seaports sell both.
Please be informed that it will require some changes to the production blueprints of the RealWorld MOD in order to resolve this. The inputs of a service must be physical products or materials, rather than services, because services must be sold in a service firm and cannot be sold externally.

Catering Service and Professional Cleaning are currently set as the inputs of Bed Places, but Catering Service and Professional Cleaning are services and cannot be linked externally to another firm, thus having the problem.

You may suggest changes to the author of the RealWorld MOD.

And if you like, you may also download the source of RealWorld MOD from viewtopic.php?f=39&t=8856 and make the changes yourself.
Abbayarra

Post by Abbayarra »

Unfortunately all the links for Realworld mod 12.0 Service edition are no longer working. It also does not show up on the beta game for automated mod installer, the only one I can download are realworld 11.5

Would someone please be so kind as to put up a new link for real world mod 12.0 service edition.

Thank you,
Tom
piermario
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by piermario »

RealWorld MOD v12.0 Download Link
RealWorld MOD v12.0 can be downloaded via the auto MOD downloader in Capitalism Lab.
If you encounter problems with it, you may download it manually from: https://www.listaviaggi.com/RW12.zip

The full source of RealWorld MOD v12.0 can be downloaded from: https://www.listaviaggi.com/RW12FULL.rar

(If Chrome does not download it, you may try other browsers such as Firefox.)
matadrox
Level 2 user

Post by matadrox »

Using the game with a mod, the very purchases of a factory, e.g. wood from a sawmill, result in profits. It seems to me that this should not be the case. And as for products that cause a very quick profit, they are still beds and sofas, and a cabinet. These products cause cash and revenue growth very quickly. In the vanilla version this is not the case, because although these products sell very well, they do not generate such huge profits.

EDIT:
In general, however, I think this is not such a big problem, because after all, to catch up with the competition is a very difficult task, and despite such revenues, you need to keep increasing them. So, I cancel my comments on this topic.
matadrox
Level 2 user

Post by matadrox »

It should also be added that the additional DLC of the economy, quite changes the rules of the game and it is no longer so colorful.
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by cantdownloadit »

Baby Chlotes should probably be Baby Clothes
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by cantdownloadit »

Companies.dbf is missing the names for companies 101 102 107, this appears to confuse the game if you use higher number icons as the icon you pick isn't what shows on the save file.
MrNeko

Post by MrNeko »

Just Interesting v 12.0 will be modified for current actual game ? As I notice in the game alredy few more service firmd which not included to RealWorld.
_white_
Level 2 user

Post by _white_ »

Hello,

Can we make changes to product demand values mid game and expect the game to adjust, or these are loaded and set once at the beginning of a new game? I still find demand to be absurdly high and the game far too easy because of it so I divided the demand for most products by 4 on top of your adjustments, however I am not seeing any change to demand in my current save

Also regarding difficulty, perhaps it would be worth taking a balance pass on sales unit throughput as I think they are quite excessive and it takes a great deal of effort to find a product that you cannotmake lots of profit with. For example, I have a single fruit store in a city of 500k people selling mediocre unbranded fruits, including 130 tons of bananas, 300 tons of pomelo and similar numbers for other fruits each month with a single L7 Sales unit for each. This is just excessive even if we assume that what we see as a single store on the map is actually an abstraction for a dozen little stores dotted around a given area.