Government ownership

Suggestions for new DLC projects.
Anathelus

Government ownership

Post by Anathelus »

Multiple ideas to expand the otherwise limited and linear government function.
Imagine instead of just "government" owning the media companies, the government creates a subsidiary as we would.
Now imagine subsequent organisations owned by the government keeping it propped up. As opposed to running bankrupt, issuing bonds, defaulting on the bonds, issuing more, upping taxes, causing people to leave, lowing tax revenue, defaulting on bonds again and finally declaring bankrupcy. Being mayor is a poisoned chalice for sure, impossible to hold without artificially propping up your government by buying the land with your companies which goes to the govt.
I am also much for the idea of govt holdings companies, or better yet govt ownership in player companies, however the govt plays aggressively/passively based off of a simple setting I'm sure can be implemented (government focus on expansion)
Additionally the legal powers of the government should be expanded, certain legal policies, and a central bank should be included, with more stringent laws on banking and insurance.
This would greatly expand the scope of the game, and govt ownership means more competant management but more bureacracy. Exactly what this kind of game is about!
lowkeybavil
Level 3 user

Re: Government ownership

Post by lowkeybavil »

I agree very much with this concept. expanding the powers of "government" from Mayors, to even having a "president" trump style (this would require a new position and new powers.

This new "central government" and head of state could have powers to control the central bank, and control some central things that mayors don't have power for.

I am happy to be involved in a group to further brainstorm ideas and get them implemented.

I believe this feature would open a whole new dynamic to the game.

What is capitalism without having a government aiming to push the bureaucracy? and control the markets

in similar fashion, private companies can look to bribe or lobby "officials"

I believe expanding the role of mayors/ City/ government, will give the game a new edge that we have not seen since probably the banking sector or even the digital DLC

I believe this should be looked into.

With collaboration with the Original poster we will look to make this an official idea that is voted on.
mdemircan2
Level 4 user

Post by mdemircan2 »

good idea ... the monetary crisis in the game could deepen its impact ....

iyi fikir ... oyundaki parasal kriz etkisini derinleştirebilir ....
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

lowkeybavil wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:11 pm I agree very much with this concept. expanding the powers of "government" from Mayors, to even having a "president" trump style (this would require a new position and new powers.

This new "central government" and head of state could have powers to control the central bank, and control some central things that mayors don't have power for.

What is capitalism without having a government aiming to push the bureaucracy? and control the markets

I believe expanding the role of mayors/ City/ government, will give the game a new edge that we have not seen since probably the banking sector or even the digital DLC

With collaboration with the Original poster we will look to make this an official idea that is voted on.
These are all very good ideas and I have forwarded them to the dev team.
lowkeybavil wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:11 pm I am happy to be involved in a group to further brainstorm ideas and get them implemented.
This thread can be a good place for the discussion and brainstorming.

Do you think the game should start with the player already being the president whose goal is to grow the nation by increasing the nation's population and improving its economy?
lowkeybavil
Level 3 user

Post by lowkeybavil »

David wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 2:45 am

Do you think the game should start with the player already being the president whose goal is to grow the nation by increasing the nation's population and improving its economy?
Thank you David, glad to hear of your support for the idea.

It will be great if people contributed more to this idea, but also it may be a feature people may come to like once implemented.

I guess, starting with some basic features may be the first steps, opening the door for contributions.

I believe starting as president may be an option, may be a game setting?

But also winning the presidency will be a fun factor, maybe needing to get popular votes across majority of cities before being president, as a obstacle to make it more difficult?

Some powers of the "presidency" may be the national immigration cap, instead if city based limit, it is capped or uncapped at the national level and cities could instead compete for population increases.

May be presidential power to change interest rates (within scope, as in capped at a -/+3% change to avoid destroying economies.

Presidential housing, education, health programs, that fund these things, in a sort of anti-private movement.

For profit prisons opened as part of presidential features? another commodity for companies to trade
lowkeybavil
Level 3 user

Post by lowkeybavil »

David wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 2:45 am
lowkeybavil wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:11 pm I agree very much with this concept. expanding the powers of "government" from Mayors, to even having a "president" trump style (this would require a new position and new powers.

These are all very good ideas and I have forwarded them to the dev team.
lowkeybavil wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:11 pm I am happy to be involved in a group to further brainstorm ideas and get them implemented.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=9069

I have created a poll
Stylesjl
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by Stylesjl »

Something to add to this as well:

You could have scenario parameters in which the factories, stores, etc are all initially owned by the government. Basically the premise would be that you an entrepreneur in a nation/city which is transitioning from a state run economy to capitalism (like the Former Soviet Union) and the aim would be to turn these firms into profitable enterprises. It may even be privatised in waves and at different rates (such as Retail first, then industry and raw materials over a period of X years or instant "Shock Therapy" where everything is on sale at once).