(Interface scaling request) Small texts and buttons in 3840x2160 screen resolution

General discussions about the release versions of Capitalism Lab
danymatrix

(Interface scaling request) Small texts and buttons in 3840x2160 screen resolution

Post by danymatrix »

3840x2160
3840x2160
CAPLAB3840x2160.jpg (5.13 MiB) Viewed 3160 times
(Interface scaling request) Small texts and buttons in 3840x2160 screen resolution:
Hello David and team. First of all I wanted to congratulate you for the excellent job you are doing on this game. And the best thing was that they recently incorporated the Spanish language, which will surely increase sales.
I take this opportunity to consult you about a topic that I see has not been updated for a while, and it is the screen resolution for the game. I currently have a 55' Samsung Odyssey Ark monitor, which has a maximum resolution of 3840x2160.
With this resolution the game looks fantastic, except for the letters and the access and construction buttons, which are very small.
As I have been able to appreciate, in modern games, for these cases they have incorporated the option called 'interface scale', with which it is possible to expand or enlarge the text without having to reduce the monitor resolution, and usually it is done with a percentage, where 100% is the current scale and 200% would be twice the current scale of the font size.
At least I haven't seen such an option on the menu. If it is the same, please tell me the steps to activate it, or to be able to increase the percentage of the UI size.
I hope I can explain myself clearly and sorry for the translation.
I take this opportunity to attach a screenshot where it is clearly reflected how small the text, buttons and other accessories of the game have been with respect to the size of the map (somewhat disproportionate).
Since now thanks for everything.
PS: I clarify that I have tried with the other resolutions to be able to increase the size of the text and the buttons but most of them cause the game to hang and start again with the same original resolution (3840x2160)
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: (Interface scaling request) Small texts and buttons in 3840x2160 screen resolution

Post by David »

Please be informed that the technology we used in the game does not allow for interface scaling. FYI, the other games that support interface scaling are using game engines like Unity where it has a built-in function to do it easily. On the other hand, Capitalism Lab is written in C++ and is not using any game engines, and the interface bitmaps are written to the display memory on a pixel-by-pixel basis.
I clarify that I have tried with the other resolutions to be able to increase the size of the text and the buttons but most of them cause the game to hang and start again with the same original resolution (3840x2160)
Please try the following solution when switching to full screen mode in 1920x1080 or other sizes:

1) Right-click on the Capitalism Lab icon to open the properties window.

2) Select the “Compatibility” tab of the properties window.

3) Click the [Change high DPI settings] button.

4) On the page for changing the high DPI settings, check "Override high DPI scaling behavior. Scaling performed by:" and select "Application".
StonyMike

Re: (Interface scaling request) Small texts and buttons in 3840x2160 screen resolution

Post by StonyMike »

It seems odd that higher resolution support even exists in the game. Is anyone actually able to play in 2k+ without downscaling and overriding dpi? It would be amazing if you were ever able to develop a way to perform UI Scaling.