Version 9.0 image files for translation

This forum is for those of you who are interested in localizing the game text in Capitalism Lab into your native language on your own
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Version 9.0 image files for translation

Post by David »

Dear translators,

We have prepared a ZIP containing most of the images and banners in the game in PSD files.

Please download it from: https://caplab.b-cdn.net/translate/CapL ... lation.zip

The images are placed in the "\<Capitalism Lab folder>\Image" and "\<Capitalism Lab folder>\\IF" folders.

You may check out this guide by torajiro how about to edit the text in PSD files: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8805

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thank you
David
Bassfordd
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Re: Version 9.0 main menu image files for translation

Post by Bassfordd »

Hey David!

Congratulations on the post release! Very nice new features!

Regarding the images, already translated that psd files you sent, but there are two images per item (two images for "new game" two for "load game" etc)

You sent the psd files (thanks a lot for that psds, better to work with) for the highlighted ones (when cursor is over the item selected, with _o at the end of file name) but we will need the non highlighted ones as well (when the cursor is not over the items, with _n at the end of file name) if not, it will only been translated when you move the cursor over the images.

I'm already working in the few lines added and tweaking a little more the Spanish translation, when finished, I will generate another link for this post release beta translation, and when you release it officially, I will merge the translations.
David

Post by David »

In each PSD file, there are 2 layers. You can hide the first layer and it will reveal the version that is not highlighted, as shown in the attached screenshot.

You can see this article about how to use layers in Photopea: https://www.photopea.com/learn/layers
Attachments
layer.png
layer.png (179.54 KiB) Viewed 4315 times
Bassfordd
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by Bassfordd »

Oh! My fault, didn't notice that layer option. Thanks as always David.
torajiro
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by torajiro »

Hi,David,

This is a modern design!
And, it's easier to edit text with ease. ;)

By the way I had a thought while prototyping this.
I think the program needs to be able to load images from the IMAGE folder under each language to be able to distribute it...
David

Post by David »

torajiro wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:38 am By the way I had a thought while prototyping this.
I think the program needs to be able to load images from the IMAGE folder under each language to be able to distribute it...
The game already reads the image files from <Capitalism Lab folder>\languages\Japanese\image

On a related note, we are organizing all the other images and banners in the game in the same way and will upload the package of PSD files for you and other translators to download when it is ready.
torajiro
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by torajiro »

David wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:43 am
The game already reads the image files from <Capitalism Lab folder>\languages\Japanese\image
I cannot reproduce that in my situation.(of course the previous files were fine)
I can reproduce it by overwriting the translated image in the mainmenu folder of the image, but that is the English version.
I may be mistaken though,
Can I ask you to check a bit as I upload the image I am currently working on?
japanese-languages-mainmenu.zip
(1.01 MiB) Downloaded 178 times
[add]
I add this because it is possible that I was not wordy enough.
The previous files were fine, but I don't think the updated menu images are registered to be loaded from the IMAGE folder for each language.
David wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:43 am On a related note, we are organizing all the other images and banners in the game in the same way and will upload the package of PSD files for you and other translators to download when it is ready.
The official PSD file makes it easy to translate images. In fact, it was easy. :)
Bassfordd
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by Bassfordd »

torajiro wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:03 am
David wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:43 am
I cannot reproduce that in my situation.(of course the previous files were fine)
I can reproduce it by overwriting the translated image in the mainmenu folder of the image, but that is the English version.
I may be mistaken though,
Can I ask you to check a bit as I upload the image I am currently working on?
japanese-languages-mainmenu.zip

[add]
I add this because it is possible that I was not wordy enough.
The previous files were fine, but I don't think the updated menu images are registered to be loaded from the IMAGE folder for each language.
David wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:43 am On a related note, we are organizing all the other images and banners in the game in the same way and will upload the package of PSD files for you and other translators to download when it is ready.
The official PSD file makes it easy to translate images. In fact, it was easy. :)
Tested in the spanish translation of the images, and it works.

Make sure the images are on route: language/Japanese/images/MainMenu and in language/Japanese/images/NewGameMenu.
Probably case sensitive.
torajiro
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by torajiro »

Bassfordd wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 1:22 pm
Tested in the spanish translation of the images, and it works.

Make sure the images are on route: language/Japanese/images/MainMenu and in language/Japanese/images/NewGameMenu.
Probably case sensitive.
Okay, I got it!
You gave me an example of the correct answer, so I copied and pasted it straight into MainMenu and no problem.
I was wrong.
I spelled the folder wrong.

Bassford, thank you. :D And David, my apologies.
David

Post by David »

No worries. I'm glad that it works for you.