Capitalism Lab Post-Release Beta version 9.0.10 Patch

General Discussions about new beta versions of Capitalism Lab
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Capitalism Lab Post-Release Beta version 9.0.10 Patch

Post by David »

Capitalism Lab Post-Release Beta version 9.0.10 patch is now available for download at:
https://caplab.b-cdn.net/CB90109000.zip

This patch must be applied on top of version 9.0.00 or later. If you haven't installed it, please download the full version 8.2.00 installer viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9050

Then extract the ZIP file to your post-release Beta version of Capitalism Lab program folder. You can open your Capitalism Lab program folder by right-clicking on the Capitalism Lab Post-release Beta game icon and select “Properties”, then select “Open File Location” to open the folder.

Version 9.0.10
You can now open the Firm List on the second Information Center window when clicking on a firm icon on the Firms page of the Corporate Details window, or the Firm Overview page of the Corporation List window.
Corp_detail_opening_firm_list.png
Corp_detail_opening_firm_list.png (1.57 MiB) Viewed 3460 times
Updated the Manager's Guide by adding a description to each functional unit.
Fixed a bug with setting sound effect volume.
Fixed an issue with Farm Extension.

Version 9.0.09
Fixed the bug with the error message Error on File: C:\CLsrc\j_inv.cpp Line: 291"
Fixed an issue that prevented Purchasing Units from being supplied.

Version 9.0.08
Fixed a bug in the tutorial.
Fixed a bug with the Customer Traffic Overlay feature.

Version 9.0.07
Quality of Life improvement: a new option "Customer Traffic Overlay" has been added to the Firm Building interface. When selecting a location to build a new retail store, it will show an overlay with hues ranging yellow to orange indicating the amount of customer traffic on the city map.
customer_traffic_overlay.png
customer_traffic_overlay.png (2.17 MiB) Viewed 3905 times
Fixed a couple rare bugs which occurred when the accumulated inflation is extremely high.

Version 9.0.06
Fixed the bug which occurred when using the Transfer Firms function on the second information window.

Version 9.0.05
Fixed a bug in the products report.

Version 9.0.04
Bug fixes:
Fixed a bug with the Products report when clicking on the e-commerce button.
Fixed two bugs with the dual information center windows.

Service firms gameplay balance improvements:
Increased the effect of advertising that service firms do to increase their brand ratings, resulting in less advertising expenses, thus increasing the profitability of service firms.

Improved the gameplay balance of different concerns of service products as follows: Price concern: 35%, Quality concern: 35%, Brand concern: 30%

Improved the AI at setting advertising budgets for service firms.

Local competitors’ ratings for service firm products are always lower than physical products, thus making it easier for service firms to make profits.

Other improvements:
The game will display a warning message when starting a new game with a large number of AI competitors and cities with insufficient free memory on your computer.

Improved product images of Cigars and Cookies.

Version 9.0.03
Fixed the bug related to the CMO office in the HQ.
Fixed the bug related to the tech acquisition dialog box.

Version 9.0.02
Fixed bugs in the products report when the dual windows are displayed.

Version 9.0.01
Fixed the issue of missing file TICK.COL.

Added the following to the 2-window feature:
On the Corporations Details window, click on the person portrait to open the Person Details window for the selected person.
Krikraker
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Re: Capitalism Lab Post-Release Beta version 9.0.01 Patch

Post by Krikraker »

Hi David, I installed the Post release Beta Isntaller and after that I extracted this patch in the Capitalism Lab folder, but several errors happen.

One of them says "Error Buttonimage::create() Image name: LoadGame_n".

Could you please advise what to do?
David

Post by David »

Krikraker wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 12:39 pm Hi David, I installed the Post release Beta Isntaller and after that I extracted this patch in the Capitalism Lab folder, but several errors happen.

One of them says "Error Buttonimage::create() Image name: LoadGame_n".

Could you please advise what to do?

It seems that you extracted the patch to the release version as opposite to the post-release Beta version.

Please extract the ZIP file to your post-release Beta version of Capitalism Lab program folder. You can open your Capitalism Lab program folder by right-clicking on the Capitalism Lab Post-release Beta game icon and select “Properties”, then select “Open File Location” to open the folder.

Post by Guest »

Thanks David, I haven´t seen that a new icon was created called "Post-Release". It was my fault, everything is all right.

Post by Guest »

I have found a minor bug/missfunction related with opening two windows at the same time. Open Products, Open Products detailed, and when triying to decrease prices using right-click to decrease at a higher rate closes the window. It seems that the game uses the default function of right click to close the window, instead of detecting that you are actually clicking on the second window. No problem when left-clicking.

Other than that, I love the new screen wide display and the 2 windows mode. Very good work and a real improvement of the gameplay experience.
David

Post by David »

Guest wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 5:46 pm I have found a minor bug/missfunction related with opening two windows at the same time. Open Products, Open Products detailed, and when triying to decrease prices using right-click to decrease at a higher rate closes the window. It seems that the game uses the default function of right click to close the window, instead of detecting that you are actually clicking on the second window. No problem when left-clicking.

Other than that, I love the new screen wide display and the 2 windows mode. Very good work and a real improvement of the gameplay experience.
The bug has been fixed. Please download the latest patch v9.0.02.
danymatrix

Re: Capitalism Lab Post-Release Beta version 9.0.02 Patch

Post by danymatrix »

CTD:
Hi David. With version 9.02, building a wood factory throws me this error and then returns me to windows.
Attached capture. thank you.

David wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 4:17 am Capitalism Lab Post-Release Beta version 9.0.02 patch is now available for download at:
https://caplab.b-cdn.net/CB90029000.zip

This patch must be applied on top of version 9.0.00 or later. If you haven't installed it, please download the full version 8.2.00 installer viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9050

Then extract the ZIP file to your post-release Beta version of Capitalism Lab program folder. You can open your Capitalism Lab program folder by right-clicking on the Capitalism Lab Post-release Beta game icon and select “Properties”, then select “Open File Location” to open the folder.

Version 9.0.02
Fixed bugs in the products report when the dual windows are displayed.

Version 9.0.01
Fixed the issue of missing file TICK.COL.

Added the following to the 2-window feature:
On the Corporations Details window, click on the person portrait to open the Person Details window for the selected person.
Attachments
caP.jpg
caP.jpg (1.85 MiB) Viewed 5749 times
Bassfordd
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by Bassfordd »

Hi danymatrix!

You are using the spanish localisation, so i tested it in case the error was caused by the translation.

Everything is fine, so...i think that the error is caused by the Realism Mod.

Probably in this Post-Release Beta, the mod is not working properly.
Krikraker
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by Krikraker »

A message window is blocking the game to continue.

Playing a game (Post-Release Beta 9.0.02 version) at 294% of difficulty using Spanish translation. On January 2001, just when I obtained computer technology 66, an AI corporation person (Leo Collins, CEO of United Array) made an offer to buy it. I have tried to reject it, to raise the price so that he rejects to pay that price, but the message window pops up again a few seconds after and it is not possible to keep on playing, as it pauses the game even if you minimize the message window. Tried to load a save two months before the event, and reboot my Pc, but no way.

Finally I tried to sell the technology to see if it was only a one-time issue. But a year after, when I reached technology level 94 the same happened. The same company. And few time after I decided to sell it again, to allow the game to keep on running, another offer to buy my printer technology level 115, by the same company. This AI person has expertise in Computers.
David

Post by David »

danymatrix wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 1:20 am CTD:
Hi David. With version 9.02, building a wood factory throws me this error and then returns me to windows.
Attached capture. thank you.
We will investigate the problem.

Could you please provide us with your save game file ?

You can find save game files of Capitalism Lab from the C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\My Games\Capitalism Lab Post-release Beta\SAVE

You may provide us with your save game file by posting it here on the forum as a ZIP file attachment or emailing the save game file to us at info@enlight.com.

If your save game file is too large for attachment, you may check out this post about how to send us large files: https://www.enlight.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2473