Forced Executive Production Pricing

General discussions about the release versions of Capitalism Lab
whiskiz
Level 2 user

Forced Executive Production Pricing

Post by whiskiz »

Is there really no way to disable executives say, setting the price of products on my farm? even with all the other options they have?

am doing the mission with revenue as one of the targets - i want an executive to boost farm square levels and thus quality of all my products currently, but i also have max price allowed on items on farms (that are internal sales only and so just to boost revenue) which the executive then drops right down with seemingly no recourse

it seems either you control production prices, or you get executive level boosts to production - you can't have/do both

I'm guessing that by now this would have to be intended?
foran
Level 3 user

Re: Forced Executive Production Pricing

Post by foran »

the same problem here !
why I can't tell chief officers to rise up farm products selling price ??
doesn't make sense.
They always make price too low for farm, and normal for shops. :? :roll:
I'm a Lucky man, with a brave heart to face of any difficulties of life!
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

I would recommend that you create a poll for your suggestion to gauge the community's interest in it. There would be a higher chance that the dev team will implement it if the interest level is high.

You could see some examples of the polls in the Suggestions forum at http://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=14

Personally, I think there is a logic problem for explaining why an executive is not allowed to set the prices of the firm he/she manages. Do you have a logical explanation on this?
foran
Level 3 user

Post by foran »

David wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 8:16 am Personally, I think there is a logic problem for explaining why an executive is not allowed to set the prices of the firm he/she manages. Do you have a logical explanation on this?
Yes, you're right to let COO to set the price of the farm he/she manages, and I'm willing to do so.
But since I don't have farm expert, so I want to hire a one to run the farm.
However, he/she is a expert for farming but NOT marketing, right ? ?
so, therefore, we need to marketing by ourselves, is that make any sense to you ?

that's make thing clearly.
1. Do we have slot for farm Operator/ farm manager ? NOPE.
2. Can we make COO to not adjust marketing price ? NOPE.
3. Can we hire a farm expert to ONLY take care of produce after that, HQ take care of any marketing things ? CAN'T.
ps. do you think international companies would any possible to let their COO to set price with not much profit in reality? ha...impossible !

therefore,
1. would you consider add 1 more slot for farm Operator/ farm manager to let farm expert fill-in only? or,
2. would you consider to make a slider of price % adjustable ? or,
3. would you consider to adjust farm products price higher which is more profitable by adjust few code ?

Personally, I recommend 3. is the easiest solution, so it'd only spend programmer few minutes. ;)
Of course, if you interested to make Farming Cooperation more interesting to play, that's the best result for EVERYONE !

Thanks, David, you're the man, we all count on you.
matadrox
Level 2 user

Post by matadrox »

Hi! Indeed, the COO very often influences prices, paying no attention to anything other than profit, and in the process, brand loyalty, decreases to zero and below. This problem, by the way, has existed since Capitalism 2, where the ai completely fails to evaluate the chain of relationships by making the factory entrusted to him make a crore profit and the store a loss. You have to let the COO manage the factory and the store so that there is no takeoff. However, this is often quite troublesome when he destroys loyalty to our brand, at the expense of profits.
David

Post by David »

I would recommend that you create a poll for your suggestion to gauge the community's interest in it. There would be a higher chance that the dev team will implement it if the interest level is high.

You could see some examples of the polls in the Suggestions forum at http://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=14
foran
Level 3 user

Post by foran »

matadrox wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 3:06 pm Hi! Indeed, the COO very often influences prices, paying no attention to anything other than profit, and in the process, brand loyalty, decreases to zero and below...
Do you wanna make it can be poll ? ? or Do you need my help to create one ?
David

Post by David »

In the upcoming version 10.0, a new feature called "Temporarily Idle" will be introduced on the "Assign Manager" menu. When this option is enabled, the manager assigned to the firm will not actively manage any tasks but the firm will continue to receive the benefits of their expertise.

Please see: https://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewt ... =10&t=9374