Capitalism Lab Release version 9.0.26 installer now available

General discussions about the release versions of Capitalism Lab
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Capitalism Lab Release version 9.0.26 installer now available

Post by David »

Capitalism Lab Release Version 9.0.26 full version installer has been released.

Please download and run the installer from https://caplab.b-cdn.net/Capitalism_Lab ... _v9026.exe

Please note that save games older than v9.0.00 are not compatible with this new version.

We are excited to unveil stunning new graphics for Automobile Outlets, R&D Centers, Leather Stores, Cosmetics Stores, Footwear Stores and Hospitals. These visually striking graphical upgrades provide players with a more immersive capitalist simulation experience.

The Hospital has been upgraded with a modern design that reflects real-world healthcare facilities.

The Footwear Store has received a modern facelift with expansive glass storefronts.

Your leather stores will exude old world charm with intricate details in this classic European-style building.

The new graphics for cosmetics stores present a very modern, glamorous aesthetic with sleek pink exteriors with chic details.

Automobile Outlets now feature sleek showrooms with a variety of cars on display.

R&D Centers have been redesigned as modern, dome-shaped structures housing researchers hard at work developing innovative new products and technologies for your company.

Version 9.0 is a major milestone for Capitalism Lab as our programmers spent a significant amount of time enhancing the code to support the concurrent display of two windows of the Information Center, which has long been requested by the community.

Here is one of the many use cases: by opening the Corporate Details window adjacent to the Stock Exchange window, you can now quickly view the corporate information of a stock in which you are interested in investing.

DETAILS OF THE NEW FEATURES:

Viewing two windows of Information Center at the same time
When the game display resolution is set to at least 1900 pixels in width, the game can now display two windows of the Information Center side by side under the following circumstances, allowing you to browse information more effectively.

1) On the Corporations list window, click on a corporate logo to open the Corporation Details window for the selected corporation.

2) On the Corporations list window, click on a person portrait to open the Person Details window for the selected person.

3) On the Products list window, click on a product image to open the Product Details window for the selected product.

4) On the Stock Exchange window, double-click on a stock to open the Corporation Details window for the selected stock.

5) On the Bond Exchange window, double-click on a corporate bond to open the Corporation Details window for the selected corporation.

6) On the Person list window’s Summary page, click on a person record to open the Person Details window for the selected person.

7) Open the Firm List on the second Information Center window when clicking on a firm icon on the Firms page of the Corporate Details window, or the Firm Overview page of the Corporation List window.

New Person Portraits
Added over 10 new person portraits into the game.

New “Career History” Page on Persons List
This page shows a person’s career history of persons.
For those persons who are using AI-generated images, you will see large portrait images.

Customer Traffic Map Overlay
Quality of Life improvement: a new option "Customer Traffic Overlay" has been added to the Firm Building interface. When selecting a location to build a new retail store, it will show an overlay with hues ranging yellow to orange indicating the amount of customer traffic on the city map.

New Display Modes
1360x768 (borderless windowed mode)
1910x960 (windowed mode)
1900x1200 (borderless windowed Mode)
3840x1600 (Full Screen Mode and Borderless Windowed Mode)

Interface Improvements
The icons on the main menu have been revamped using AI-generated images.

To translators: please download the PSD files of the new main menu options from: https://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewt ... =22&t=9051

A new flat style is used for window display in the game.

Management Policies Improvement
You can now set “Internal Sale” of firms managed by your COO or CEO of your subsidiary to “Group” by default.
“Group” means that Group Supersedes Internal Sale.

If this is enabled, any firms in your company and subsidiaries will always be able to buy products from each other, regardless of the Internal Sale setting.

Auto Setup Farm Production
Added a checkbox for setting whether to set up an Inventory unit between a Crop Growing unit and a Sales unit.

Removal of the Cap on Firms
Removed the cap on the maximum number of firms you can build in a game.

More AI Persons in a Game
Increased the maximum number of persons in a game to 150.

More AI Competitors
Increased the maximum number of AI competitors that can be set in a script from 65 to 70.

Increased the Cap on Bond Issues
The cap on the issue size of a new bond has been increased from $1 billion to $100 billion.
walshymyster

Re: Capitalism Lab Release version 9.0.10 installer now available

Post by walshymyster »

crashing in menu when trying to change the display options and when turning on DLCs. Any ideas?

NOTE- FIXED NOW apparently we no longer need compatibility mode
foxtrotf
Level 2 user

Post by foxtrotf »

Broken for me :(
On Clean Install (but Old System, where v8xxx, worked fine) I'm started to getting this error:

I was able to launch with Windows 8 Compatibility Mode. But When I want set Resolution to 1900x1200 (borderless windowed Mode), game throws same error and exiting.
javimm

Post by javimm »

As reported, the game is crashing when trying to change the resolution settings under options in the main menu.
I'm not running the game in compatibility mode. Neither CapMain.exe nor CapStart.exe have any compatibility mode set. Either way, activating compatibility mode does not help. The game crashes anyway.
The game on all previous 8.XX versions worked just fine.
Edited to add: I can't even start a new game, the game also crashes just after clicking the "New Game" button.
David

Post by David »

foxtrotf wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 1:08 pm Broken for me :(
On Clean Install (but Old System, where v8xxx, worked fine) I'm started to getting this error:

I was able to launch with Windows 8 Compatibility Mode. But When I want set Resolution to 1900x1200 (borderless windowed Mode), game throws same error and exiting.
Please check if the error message you got on 1900x1200 is the exactly same. If not, please send us the screenshot of that error message.
David

Post by David »

javimm wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:54 pm As reported, the game is crashing when trying to change the resolution settings under options in the main menu.
I'm not running the game in compatibility mode. Neither CapMain.exe nor CapStart.exe have any compatibility mode set. Either way, activating compatibility mode does not help. The game crashes anyway.
Edited to add: I can't even start a new game, the game also crashes just after clicking the "New Game" button.
Please send us a screenshot with the error message.
foxtrotf
Level 2 user

Post by foxtrotf »

Hello David, Error is same, but the folder is different.
I'm unable to launch the game, after I set Resolution in option, it is throwing error on launch. And only after I'm deleting CONFIG.DAT. I'm able to launch the game in comatability mode.
And when I'm choose 1920x1200, I'm geting this error:
foxtrotf
Level 2 user

Post by foxtrotf »

Ok, I added CapMain.exe as allowed in Windows-Security->Ransomware Protection, so the game now launches Ok without compatibility mode.
But I'm unable to set 1920X1200 Resolution, When I'm pressing "Borderless Windowed Mode" button, they are no List of available resolutions, I'm pressing Ok, and windows sets to small 1024x768 Windowed Mode.
javimm

Post by javimm »

David wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 6:24 pm
javimm wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:54 pm As reported, the game is crashing when trying to change the resolution settings under options in the main menu.
Please send us a screenshot with the error message.
There is no error. The game just freezes for a second and then the game window closes inmediately without further output.
I've been testing some other actions and I can't play the game at all. For instance, clicking on the tutorial and starting a scenario crashes the game also.
David

Post by David »

foxtrotf wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:01 pm Ok, I added CapMain.exe as allowed in Windows-Security->Ransomware Protection, so the game now launches Ok without compatibility mode.
But I'm unable to set 1920X1200 Resolution, When I'm pressing "Borderless Windowed Mode" button, they are no List of available resolutions, I'm pressing Ok, and windows sets to small 1024x768 Windowed Mode.
Please send us your computer configuration file DxDiag.txt for investigation. You may produce the DxDiag.txt file by running the Command prompt from the Windows Start menu, then type “DxDiag” on the Command prompt.

When the DxDiag window is opened, click on the “Save All Information” button at the center bottom of the window. Then send this file to us at info@enlight.com.

More detailed instructions for generating dxdiag file:
1. Click the Start button.
2. In the Search field, enter 'dxdiag'. The diagnostic tool will run.
3. Click to 'Save All Information' and save "dxdiag.txt" to your desktop.
4. Attach the "dxdiag.txt" document to your support email.