Capitalism Lab Release version 9.0.26 installer now available

General discussions about the release versions of Capitalism Lab
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Capitalism Lab Release version 9.0.10 installer now available

Post by David »

javimm wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:58 pm There is no error. The game just freezes for a second and then the game window closes inmediately without further output.
I've been testing some other actions and I can't play the game at all. For instance, clicking on the tutorial and starting a scenario crashes the game also.
Are you using any anti-virus software that runs in background? If so, there is a possibility that the firewall of such anti-virus software may block the game’s communication with the game server. You may check your anti-virus software’s user manual for how to add Capitalism Lab to one of its approved app to prevent it from being blocked by the firewall.

For example, if you are using Avast, you can add Capitalism Lab’s EXE files “CapStart.exe” and “CapMain.exe” into Avast’s exception list to prevent it from blocking the game.
foxtrotf
Level 2 user

Post by foxtrotf »

David wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:25 am
foxtrotf wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:01 pm Ok, I added CapMain.exe as allowed in Windows-Security->Ransomware Protection, so the game now launches Ok without compatibility mode.
But I'm unable to set 1920X1200 Resolution, When I'm pressing "Borderless Windowed Mode" button, they are no List of available resolutions, I'm pressing Ok, and windows sets to small 1024x768 Windowed Mode.
Please send us your computer configuration file DxDiag.txt for investigation. You may produce the DxDiag.txt file by running the Command prompt from the Windows Start menu, then type “DxDiag” on the Command prompt.

When the DxDiag window is opened, click on the “Save All Information” button at the center bottom of the window. Then send this file to us at info@enlight.com.

More detailed instructions for generating dxdiag file:
1. Click the Start button.
2. In the Search field, enter 'dxdiag'. The diagnostic tool will run.
3. Click to 'Save All Information' and save "dxdiag.txt" to your desktop.
4. Attach the "dxdiag.txt" document to your support email.
Will able to do this in couple of days. But I using my good old one Apple Cinema HD Display 23" with 1920x1200 Resolution.
David

Post by David »

foxtrotf wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 1:40 pm Will able to do this in couple of days. But I using my good old one Apple Cinema HD Display 23" with 1920x1200 Resolution.
To help us identify the problem, please send us a screenshot of your Capitalism Lab's menu for selecting the screen resolution.
cima

Post by cima »

javimm wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:54 pm As reported, the game is crashing when trying to change the resolution settings under options in the main menu.
I'm not running the game in compatibility mode. Neither CapMain.exe nor CapStart.exe have any compatibility mode set. Either way, activating compatibility mode does not help. The game crashes anyway.
The game on all previous 8.XX versions worked just fine.
Edited to add: I can't even start a new game, the game also crashes just after clicking the "New Game" button.
I had the same issue as javimm's with 9.0.11 on my Win10 PC.
After clean install, I saw no improvement.
Then I clean intalled 8.2.14 and applied 8.2.15 patch. It seemed to run normally.
After that I applied 9.0.11 patch, and the program crashed with prompting the following error message:
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (9.62 KiB) Viewed 2956 times
David

Post by David »

cima wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 7:54 am I had the same issue as javimm's with 9.0.11 on my Win10 PC.
After clean install, I saw no improvement.
Then I clean intalled 8.2.14 and applied 8.2.15 patch. It seemed to run normally.
After that I applied 9.0.11 patch, and the program crashed with prompting the following error message:
Capture.PNG
Please download and run the v9.0.11 full version installer from viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9096
cima

Re: Capitalism Lab Release version 9.0.11 installer now available

Post by cima »

I clean-installed 9.0.11 from the installer, but it crashes in any further steps (running the game, changing the sound settings or changing the resolution settings) right after exiting the startup window.
David

Post by David »

cima wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:41 am I clean-installed 9.0.11 from the installer, but it crashes in any further steps (running the game, changing the sound settings or changing the resolution settings) right after exiting the startup window.
Did it display any error message?
cima

Post by cima »

David wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:26 am
cima wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:41 am I clean-installed 9.0.11 from the installer, but it crashes in any further steps (running the game, changing the sound settings or changing the resolution settings) right after exiting the startup window.
Did it display any error message?
No, it just crushed.
David

Post by David »

cima wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 9:29 am No, it just crushed.
A few quick questions:
1) Did it show the main menu?
2) When you didn't click any menu options, did it crash?
3) Did it play any background music?

Please try this patch v9.0.11C to see if it makes any differences: https://caplab.b-cdn.net/CR9011C.zip
cima

Post by cima »

David wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 10:16 am
cima wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 9:29 am No, it just crushed.
A few quick questions:
1) Did it show the main menu?
2) When you didn't click any menu options, did it crash?
3) Did it play any background music?

Please try this patch v9.0.11C to see if it makes any differences: https://caplab.b-cdn.net/CR9011C.zip
1) Yes, it did.
2) No, it didn't.
3) No, it didn't.
For example, when I tried to play tutorial and pressed the START button, it crashed immidiately.
Capture2 (1).png
Capture2 (1).png (1 MiB) Viewed 2918 times
The patch v9.0.11C runs normally!
You might have located the problem...