Are these Subsidiary AI errors?

Subsidiary DLC for Capitalism Lab
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Are these Subsidiary AI errors?

Post by David »

thomasmikel wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 6:10 pm I've tested a few methods and the only way to stop the farming is by turning production expansion off. Which is fine, but it just means I have to micro-manage the supply/demand element of the subsidiary factories.
A lot of products require raw materials produced in farms. So it may not be practical to isolate farms from the production chain.

If you have any suggestions on how this can be done logically, please let us know your ideas.
thomasmikel wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 6:10 pm I've also noticed that with the new release "Research Projects" and "Training Budget" have been moved to the Financial tab for CEO's. That means if I hire a COO at the parent company and assign them to an R&D centre they change the R&D project and I have zero control over it.
This has been resolved. Please download the new patch version 9.0.13 from viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9103
thomasmikel

Post by thomasmikel »

Hey David,

Good news on the patch, thanks for that.
David wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:40 am
A lot of products require raw materials produced in farms. So it may not be practical to isolate farms from the production chain.

If you have any suggestions on how this can be done logically, please let us know your ideas.
The simplest solution would appear to be having Livestock as a product category you can disable for the CEO. Anything that can be sold in a retail outlet should be in the list to enable/disable. I obviously don't know the inner workings of the game but my assumption is that if production expansion is ticked but backward integration is not then they only create factories or R&D retail products in the categories enabled. Backward integration should be the method to enable/prevent your subsidiary from creating semi-products, right?
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

thomasmikel wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:45 am The simplest solution would appear to be having Livestock as a product category you can disable for the CEO. Anything that can be sold in a retail outlet should be in the list to enable/disable. I obviously don't know the inner workings of the game but my assumption is that if production expansion is ticked but backward integration is not then they only create factories or R&D retail products in the categories enabled. Backward integration should be the method to enable/prevent your subsidiary from creating semi-products, right?
I will forward your suggestion to the dev team.