Capitalism Lab Post-Release Beta version 9.1.15 Patch

General Discussions about new beta versions of Capitalism Lab
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Re: Capitalism Lab Post-Release Beta version 9.1.15 Patch

Post by cantdownloadit »

David wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:49 am
cantdownloadit wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:04 pm its also impossible to set up a subsidiary with anyone with Computer expertise they are all locked out.

LIND_002.7z E.G here none of the people here can be recruited (this is vanilla) - in the mod i made with i also have same issue with communications but dunno if thats related
I tested the older version 8.2.15 and it the same. I think it is intended for gameplay balance so that these people will set up companies on their own to compete with you.
maybe, but if your playing with a relatively small product list, such the mod I was playing with where it was software, hardware and a few service industries it leaves you with a big chunk of unusable npc's since both hardware options computer/communications were locked out.

There is no way to enable or disable this happening in mod settings is there, so unclear why some of the mods I have it affects communication devices too.
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by cantdownloadit »

David wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:49 am
cantdownloadit wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 1:27 pm Got following error attempting to call custom cities in script file.

Image1.jpg

EG.

City=Happy City
Globe X=290
Globe Y=72
Population=4970000
I didn't get this bug when loading a script with the above lines. How often did you get this error?
only once or twice, i wonder if its related to changing mods in use when im testing things, will try see if i can find a way to trigger it reliably.

i have noted the game doesnt always purge all data when going back to main menu which can lead to odd results, like if i try create a subsidiary with 10 billion cash, then quit to menu, and start a new game with only 10 million cash, the 10 billion figure remains in subsidiary box, and it will let me create a subisdiary that has 10 billion cash.... but of course it immediately bankrupts me.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

cantdownloadit wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:18 pm misplaced text again

Image1.jpg
The bug has been fixed. Please download the new patch v9.1.16 from https://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewt ... 210#p39323
David

Post by David »

cantdownloadit wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:32 pm also finding subsidiaries building commercial buildings when there is no tick in the box to allow them too
The bug has been fixed. Please download the new patch v9.1.16 from https://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewt ... 210#p39323
David

Post by David »

cantdownloadit wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:19 am i have noted the game doesnt always purge all data when going back to main menu which can lead to odd results, like if i try create a subsidiary with 10 billion cash, then quit to menu, and start a new game with only 10 million cash, the 10 billion figure remains in subsidiary box, and it will let me create a subisdiary that has 10 billion cash.... but of course it immediately bankrupts me.
I will ask the programmer to fix this in the next update v9.1.17.
David

Post by David »

cantdownloadit wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:08 am maybe, but if your playing with a relatively small product list, such the mod I was playing with where it was software, hardware and a few service industries it leaves you with a big chunk of unusable npc's since both hardware options computer/communications were locked out.
In the savegame you provided, I noticed that there are still many people whom you can hire.
cantdownloadit wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:08 am There is no way to enable or disable this happening in mod settings is there, so unclear why some of the mods I have it affects communication devices too.
You may send me your mod with the communication devices and I will ask the programmer to look into it.
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by cantdownloadit »

it was only a test so i didnt keep it, btw thanks for the modding guides on the website they are useful.

dont know if this would go as an issue or a suggestion but the land planning and road building windows dont have an X to close them like many windows and right clicking doesnt appear to close it either so could this possibly have an option other than escape to close it ?
Image2.jpg
Image2.jpg (11.55 KiB) Viewed 132318 times
(i guess its intended roads cost money to build but nothing to demolish).

i also managed to trigger this error somehow
Image1.jpg
Image1.jpg (12.12 KiB) Viewed 132318 times
David

Post by David »

cantdownloadit wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:59 pm it was only a test so i didnt keep it, btw thanks for the modding guides on the website they are useful.

dont know if this would go as an issue or a suggestion but the land planning and road building windows dont have an X to close them like many windows and right clicking doesnt appear to close it either so could this possibly have an option other than escape to close it ?
Image2.jpg
(i guess its intended roads cost money to build but nothing to demolish).
I've forwarded this to the dev team.
cantdownloadit wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:59 pm i also managed to trigger this error somehow

Image1.jpg
If you could find a predictable way to reproduce this bug, please let me know.
arxbombus

Post by arxbombus »

David, the 9.1.15 patch file is either not on the server or the link is incorrect. Please help.
David

Post by David »

Please note that the post-release beta version has been rolled out for release. Please download the latest Release version 9.1.29 from https://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewt ... f=7&t=9207