Capitalism Lab Release version 9.1.63 Patch

General discussions about the release versions of Capitalism Lab
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Capitalism Lab Release version 9.1.63 Patch

Post by David »

Capitalism Lab Release version 9.1.63 patch is now available for download at:
https://caplab.b-cdn.net/CR91639100.zip

IMPORTANT: This patch must be applied on top of Release version 9.1.15 or later. If you haven't installed it, please download the full version viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9207

Then extract the ZIP file to your Capitalism Lab program folder. You can open your Capitalism Lab program folder by right-clicking on the Capitalism Lab game icon and select “Properties”, then select “Open File Location” to open the folder.

Enhancement: When searching for text in a list box, if the same letter key is typed repeatedly, the search will continue to find the next item matching the typed key. This function is available, for instance, when hiring talent for an R&D unit and choosing the kind of technology that the candidate should possess.

Version 9.1.63
1) Fixed a bug with brand of service firms. The bug only occurred when advertising in many service firms of the same type (e.g. a Fastfood Joint). When only advertising in one or a couple service firms of that type, the bug didn’t occur.
The version fixes the bug. However, in order to let the new code take effect, you need to delete advertising and add it again in the service firms that have the problems.

2) Fixed the bug: Built-in advertising units from experimental dlc does not seem to play nice with having a CMO. Known issue? Bulk setting budget does not affect built-in units. CMO resets built-ins even if set to not manage advertisement spending.

3) Fixed the bug: I found a bug in the v9.1.58. Compensation doesn't work as intended for 'forced firm relocation'. I can move firms of other companies as a mayor but the companies just maintain original plots and can't be removed. It's just same like companies buy land and occupy all plots. And there's no compensation tooltip when I move them. Please fix this bug.

4) Fixed the bug with functional unit levels being affected by applying new production technology.
(To test and see the effect, please turn off the “Auto Apply R&D Results to Factories” in the Options menu.

5) The AI has been improved and will not offer a factory that is producing software for sale.

Version 9.1.62
Improved the AI of Internet companies for making advertising decisions to expand their reach and increase monthly visitors.
Fixed a bug related to advertising effects on brand ratings of service firms.
Fixed a bug about the stock price that is related to paying dividends.
Fixed a bug related to skipping the survival goal.
Fixed a bug related to invention news announcement.

Version 9.1.61
Fixed a bug related to advertising effects on brand ratings of service firms.

Version 9.1.60
Fixed the rare bugs reported in this post: viewtopic.php?t=9394

Version 9.1.59
New anti-exploit measure:
When a company acquires tech from another and both are controlled by the player, the acquisition offer cannot exceed 2 times the standard acquisition price.

Version 9.1.58
Fixed a couple bugs related to AI building farm extensions.
New parks graphics
New amusement park graphics.
The "average employee experience level" value in HR department in HQ now excludes inventory units.

Version 9.1.57
New product images for DVD, Paper, Car Body, Desktop Computers, Electronic Components, and Camera Phones.
Fixed the bug with the error code stock.cpp line 1272
Fixed the bug with the error firm_array[] is deleted
Fixed the bug with excessively fast movements of people and cars on the city.
Fixed key search issues in the Chinese version of the Manufacturer's Guide's Input and Output item selection boxes, as well as key search on the Select Supplier interface.

Version 9.1.56
This version addresses the known game exploits by either blocking them or providing a script line to block them.
>Blocks the talent exploit explained in viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9338
>Blocks the land exploit explained in viewtopic.php?f=56&t=8293
>For the remaining known game exploits, a script line called "Anti-exploitation game rules" can be used to block them. For details, please see viewtopic.php?f=56&t=7758
>Anti-exploitation game rules are automatically enabled in a challenge game. (viewtopic.php?f=56&t=7758)

The game will display a message after an AI company has purchased technology from your company.

Version 9.1.55
Fixed a bug that prevented new logos from being displayed.
Fixed a bug that was caused by the code for imposing frame rate limit in v9.1.54.

Version 9.1.54
A new banner for Telecom firms

Two new Challenge games

Increased the number of new shares that a subsidiary can issue to its parent company when the market cap of the subsidiary is very high.

Fixed the bug that displays the indicator of product sales incorrectly on the second Information Center window.

Fixed a bug of jumping city background frames while viewing the firm detail window.

Fixed the bug about the city government relocating a private firm.

The game now limits the frame rate to 100 on all screens including the main menu.

Version 9.1.53
Fixed a bug with key search on the research list.
Fine-tuning: reduced the amount of employment of a commercial building that adds to the city's total employment.
Fixed an AI bug with the investor relationship department.
Fixed a bug with the error message InfoPerson.cpp

Version 9.1.52
This new version displays the firm picture beside the firm detail window if the 3x3 layout is visible.

In the dual Information Center mode, clicking a software product will open the Product Detail report on the second Information Center window.

Fixed the display bug of seaports.

Fixed a bug related to the goal window.

Version 9.1.51
Fixed a bug with e-commerce.
(If you are on v9.1.50, it will auto patch to v9.1.51 after you start the game again, thus there is no need to manually download this patch.)

Version 9.1.50
This version is packed with a variety of impressive visual enhancements that will redefine your gaming experience in Capitalism Lab.

Please see the post of the full version installer v9.1.50 for the details of the visual enhancements: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9319

Version 9.1.30
When the game speed is not set to the highest setting, the display will be capped at a maximum of 100 frames per second.
The MOD selection screen now shows the mod versions.
Fixed a bug when loading MOD with NoColorCode folder only without the LARGE and SMALL folders, under the LOGO folder.
Corrected the tutorial introduction speech for tutorial #4,5 and 6.
mod selection screen.jpg
mod selection screen.jpg (111.23 KiB) Viewed 13231 times
Version 9.1.29
Fixed a bug with music volume.
Fixed a bug with farm extension.
The game now updates the pollution map once a month in addition to updating it when a firm is built or removed.

Version 9.1.28
Fixed a bug in the goal system.
Improved the CTO's impact on R&D results.
The default setting for internal sale is now applied to your subsidiaries
Added a button for disabling all DLCs on the DLC menu.

Version 9.1.27
Fixed a bug with the error message stock.cpp line 1272
Fixed the bug with the search window on the product detail report.
Improved the manufacturer's guide's linkage to the product detail report.
Improved music transition

Version 9.1.26
Fixed a bug with the error message techres.cpp line 546
Fixed the bug with fractional shares in the stock exchange.

Version 9.1.25
Fixed a bug in selling bonds.

Version 9.1.24
Fixed a bug in purchasing bonds.

Version 9.1.23
On the Build Firm menu, the traffic overlay for retail sites will appear for service firms.

When buying back stocks, there will be no changes to the profit on the income statement, and the change in the balance sheet will only affect Common Stock account and will no longer affect the Retained Earnings account.

On the Bond Market screen, when using the [+] and [-] buttons to set the bond purchase quantity and sale quantity, each increment will be 0.01% of the total bond quantity or a minimum of 10,000 units of bond. This makes purchasing bonds with a large total size more efficient.

Fixed a bug in the calculation of brand royalty when using Range brand strategy.

Fixed a bug related to subsidiary company AI building commercial buildings and apartments.

Fixed a rate bug with the error message j_pur2.cpp line 385.

Fixed the issues where CES DLC settings are not consistent in the official scenarios.

Fixed various minor bugs reported in this post: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=9269

Version 9.1.22
Fixed a bug related to the relationship between jobs at apartments/commercial buildings and the city’s employment rate.
Fixed a rare bug that occurred when purchasing bonds.

Version 9.1.21
Fixed a bug related to the relationship between jobs at public buildings and the city’s employment rate.
Increased the number of employed people in commercial buildings to three times the original number.
Increased the impact of the city's industry competitiveness on employment.

Version 9.1.20
Fixed a bug in the Mansion interface
Fixed a couple bugs related city names.

Version 9.1.19
Fixed a bug with the error message "JobArray::new_job, job exist".

Version 9.1.18
Adjusted the alignments and display positions of technology values, preventing display overlap when the tech values are very high.
Fixed a couple bugs with farm extensions.
New building graphics for Universities, High Schools and Apparel Stores.

University

High School

Apparel Store

Version 9.1.17
Fixed a bug that occurred when the game loaded a mod with missing logo images.

Version 9.1.16
Fixed a bug with the display of score.
Fixed a bug with dual information center when loading a save game
Fixed various minor bugs and issues.
hermesfh

Re: Capitalism Lab Release version 9.1.16 Patch

Post by hermesfh »

Whenever I create a new city, as the population increases, pop ups appear that stop the game, appear in front of the screen of what I'm doing, it's very inconvenient sometimes. How do I block these pop ups even when creating new cities?
Attachments
Captura de tela 2023-10-01 091958.png
Captura de tela 2023-10-01 091958.png (2.48 MiB) Viewed 18746 times
David

Post by David »

hermesfh wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:28 am Whenever I create a new city, as the population increases, pop ups appear that stop the game, appear in front of the screen of what I'm doing, it's very inconvenient sometimes. How do I block these pop ups even when creating new cities?
The window only appears when there is a new goal.

If you have any suggestions for this, you may post in the Suggestions forum and create a poll for your suggestion. You could see some examples in the Suggestions forum.
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by cantdownloadit »

I think the main reason is the city building goal, each tier of the goal pops up as an announcement which is a lot of times.

now there is the dedicated goals window, I think this popup feature is to intrusive, but ill leave it to the poster to see if they post anything in suggestions.

and feedback regarding the skill point system, it would be nice if there was a save button, at the moment if you mis click your allocation I think your only option is to reload. also would be nice if we could have like shift click for 5 points, at a time, control click for 10 points or something, you can end up with quite a lot of points to assign 1 by 1.
David

Post by David »

cantdownloadit wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:45 pm I think the main reason is the city building goal, each tier of the goal pops up as an announcement which is a lot of times.
If the popups are too frequent, does it mean that the goals are too easy? Do you think it's better to increase the targets of the goals?
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by cantdownloadit »

David wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 4:54 pm
cantdownloadit wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:45 pm I think the main reason is the city building goal, each tier of the goal pops up as an announcement which is a lot of times.
If the popups are too frequent, does it mean that the goals are too easy? Do you think it's better to increase the targets of the goals?
Well I find for the "increase population goals" you stick half a dozen large apartment's down, and bang you may get the 1st 2-3 achievements in a row if your on a fast speed. and there is a lot of them, something like 5k, 10k, 20k, 50k, 100k then each additional 100k I don't know when it stops I think I got to 2 million population last time. it doesn't really feel like an achievement at all, you build houses and they fill up - its great for generating skill points, especially if you start with just 1 city and build 14 I guess. I see goals as being more things like "staying mayor for X years, keeping happiness above X, create X jobs in city and things like that.

the bigger challenge is getting the AI mayor to build the community buildings near the houses - this is why I was deleting lots of city roads to try force them to build near the apartments - and how I found out if you delete all the road in an area you cant put it back. lol.

(btw i notice my mod folders contain art folders/art movements/art pieces, is this something that wasn't adopted and can be deleted now ?)
David

Post by David »

cantdownloadit wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:26 pm Well I find for the "increase population goals" you stick half a dozen large apartment's down, and bang you may get the 1st 2-3 achievements in a row if your on a fast speed. and there is a lot of them, something like 5k, 10k, 20k, 50k, 100k then each additional 100k I don't know when it stops I think I got to 2 million population last time. it doesn't really feel like an achievement at all, you build houses and they fill up - its great for generating skill points, especially if you start with just 1 city and build 14 I guess. I see goals as being more things like "staying mayor for X years, keeping happiness above X, create X jobs in city and things like that.

the bigger challenge is getting the AI mayor to build the community buildings near the houses - this is why I was deleting lots of city roads to try force them to build near the apartments - and how I found out if you delete all the road in an area you cant put it back. lol.
I've forwarded your comments to the dev team.
cantdownloadit wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:26 pm (btw i notice my mod folders contain art folders/art movements/art pieces, is this something that wasn't adopted and can be deleted now ?)
Yes, you can delete these files.
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by cantdownloadit »

for a test last night i started with 1 city and built 14 more, then let the game run with the AI mayors having full control over building.

and having let it run for approx 57 years, i had 1040 skill points which i think translates to 208 popups in that time, and more skill points than i could ever spend. - i realise this is at the extreme end of the scale but its a lot of popups and skill points for essentially just letting the game run.

maybe it would be possible rather than having popups, having notification appear in the new goals window you can click for more info if you want to - this would also possibly be able to give a historical summary of your goal achievements. ( i do quite like the new goals window keeping everything self contained, hence why i think it would be good if those popups also went there)

also given the number of skill points that can be generated maybe a future update to allow them to be spent on your other characters you have working for you as CEO/CTO/CMO of your company or subsidiaries.
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by cantdownloadit »

i note the last version of the modkit with the installer doesnt include the buildings (old) and buildings (original) folders, were they removed for some reason as i thought they were left included so mod makers could use those buildings ?

(thought they still appear to be in the service version of the modkit https://caplab.b-cdn.net/modkit/MOD_Kit_Service.zip)
David

Post by David »

cantdownloadit wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:52 am i note the last version of the modkit with the installer doesnt include the buildings (old) and buildings (original) folders, were they removed for some reason as i thought they were left included so mod makers could use those buildings ?

(thought they still appear to be in the service version of the modkit https://caplab.b-cdn.net/modkit/MOD_Kit_Service.zip)
They are removed from the installer to keep the installer size from being too large, as we have added lots of speech files in different languages into the latest installer, resulting in a significantly larger installer.

If you need any particular building images, you may PM me and I will send it to you.