Bug regarding the ability of demolished municipal buildings to still provide employment opportunities

You may post your suggestions about Capitalism Lab here
xuxin1458
Level 2 user

Bug regarding the ability of demolished municipal buildings to still provide employment opportunities

Post by xuxin1458 »

Due to the limited number of positions provided by the current construction of buildings, in order to quickly increase the urban population while playing City Economic Simulation DLC, it is necessary to rely on the construction of a large number of municipal buildings to achieve the goal of increasing the urban population.

At present, if the municipal buildings are demolished, it will still not lead to the elimination of employment opportunities. Although this is a benign bug, I believe that it would be better if we could increase the number of people employed in commercial buildings, increase the number of people employed in each factory, or increase the competitiveness of the city to generate employment.

My personal suggestion is to fix the bug where the demolition of municipal buildings can still provide employment opportunities, and then increase the number of employed people in commercial buildings to three times the original number, so as to enhance the competitiveness of the city and generate five times the original number of employed people. Redesign a tertiary industry building such as tourism or service industry to provide a large number of employment opportunities to achieve the goal of increasing the urban population.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Bug regarding the ability of demolished municipal buildings to still provide employment opportunities

Post by David »

Please download the latest patch 9.1.21 from https://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewt ... f=7&t=9210

Besides fixing the bug, we also improved it based on your suggestions:

Fixed a bug related to the relationship between jobs at public buildings and the city’s employment rate.
Increased the number of employed people in commercial buildings to three times the original number.
Increased the impact of the city's industry competitiveness on employment.

Please test the latest version and let us know your feedback.
xuxin1458
Level 2 user

Re: Bug regarding the ability of demolished municipal buildings to still provide employment opportunities

Post by xuxin1458 »

David wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:52 am Please download the latest patch 9.1.21 from https://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewt ... f=7&t=9210

Fixed a bug related to the relationship between jobs at public buildings and the city’s employment rate.
Increased the number of employed people in commercial buildings to three times the original number.

Hello David, I found that the 9.1.21 version is more difficult to provide job opportunities than the original version because municipal construction no longer provides even one job opportunity! My original intention was to address the issue of providing employment opportunities after the demolition of municipal buildings, as long as this issue is fixed, rather than completely deleting the employment opportunities of municipal buildings.

In addition, should the three fold increase in employment provided by the 9.1.21 version of the business building be three times the increase in employment provided by the business building itself, rather than three times the opportunity to work inside? My original intention was that if the occupancy rate of a business building was 0%, it would not provide employment opportunities. If the occupancy rate was 100%, it would provide a large number of employment opportunities. Assuming that the current occupancy rate is 100%, it would provide 2000 jobs. I hope to increase it to 6000 jobs (I am not sure about the employment opportunities provided when the current occupancy rate is 100%, I just hope for this effect).

As for the effectiveness of industrial competitiveness, I cannot actually measure it. It would be even better if any friends were willing to test it
xuxin1458
Level 2 user

Post by xuxin1458 »

David wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:52 am Please download the latest patch 9.1.21 from https://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewt ... f=7&t=9210

And I have found that not only will jobs be retained after the demolition of municipal buildings, but also after the demolition of apartments and business buildings, jobs will be retained
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

xuxin1458 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 1:22 pm And I have found that not only will jobs be retained after the demolition of municipal buildings, but also after the demolition of apartments and business buildings, jobs will be retained
Please download the latest patch 9.1.22 with the bug fixes from https://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewt ... f=7&t=9210
xuxin1458
Level 2 user

Post by xuxin1458 »

David wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:27 am
xuxin1458 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 1:22 pm And I have found that not only will jobs be retained after the demolition of municipal buildings, but also after the demolition of apartments and business buildings, jobs will be retained
Please download the latest patch 9.1.22 with the bug fixes from https://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewt ... f=7&t=9210
Hello David, my QQ group friend gave me a suggestion. Assuming that the industry competitiveness of all industries is 100, the annual employment provided is 3% of the current total population. However, there is a condition that the upper limit of job positions provided by industry competitiveness does not exceed 30% of the current population