Subsidiary should be able to create an E-Commerce firm even if forbidden to use the internet

You may post your suggestions about Capitalism Lab here
Stylesjl
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Subsidiary should be able to create an E-Commerce firm even if forbidden to use the internet

Post by Stylesjl »

When you own 75% of a subsidiary you can decide if a subsidiary can setup internet companies or not. This has no exceptions - the subsidiary can't even build an E-Commerce firm. I think E-Commerce should be exempt by default - many companies that are not internet focused build one so they can sell their products anyway without getting involved with the other internet companies.

Or maybe at least allow subsidiaries to use the Parent's E-Commerce company. It has always been a bit odd that E-Commerce is only for that company's products, it's like Amazon having to own all the factories for all the products it sells.
ohms_law
Level 3 user

Re: Subsidiary should be able to create an E-Commerce firm even if forbidden to use the internet

Post by ohms_law »

They don't have the e-commerce techs though, and probably shouldn't bother with them (generally speaking).

What I usually do is set up a warehouse and sell the subsidiary's goods with my own e-commerce site through there.