Research Team salaries

General discussions about the release versions of Capitalism Lab
ohms_law
Level 3 user

Research Team salaries

Post by ohms_law »

The +/- thing no longer goes negative?
When did that change?

I accidentally raised salaries by 50% after reloading a game, and now I can't adjust them back down. That kinda sucks.

And while I'm talking about it, can't there just be a setting to keep their salary at whatever level makes their loyalty 80%? Having to fiddle with their salaries is... annoying.
mdemircan2
Level 4 user

Re: Research Team salaries

Post by mdemircan2 »

ohms_law wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 5:36 pm The +/- thing no longer goes negative?
When did that change?

I accidentally raised salaries by 50% after reloading a game, and now I can't adjust them back down. That kinda sucks.

And while I'm talking about it, can't there just be a setting to keep their salary at whatever level makes their loyalty 80%? Having to fiddle with their salaries is... annoying.

good idea
Zeke_Bohansen
Level 2 user

Post by Zeke_Bohansen »

It is easy to overshoot when raising salaries, especially the leads. And a bit annoying that you cannot reduce them anymore,
but it is more realistic.

If you are able to reduce salaries again, a number of employees should quit in relation to the severity of the salary cut.

I agree that an employee loyalty auto adjuster is needed, In the same way real estate departments auto set rent.
ohms_law
Level 3 user

Post by ohms_law »

"Realism" has nothing to do with it when you as the player are just trying to meet a game driven goal. There's nothing realistic about a loyalty rating in the first place, but it's a decent mechanism for meeting "salary" requirements. There really should just be a setting to maintain 80%, though (just a check box in the headquarters is all that's needed, like for rents).
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

Have you tried setting the Talent System option to "Simplified".

It seems that it will achieve the same gameplay effect as what you suggested in this thread. What do you think?
Attachments
talent system option.jpg
talent system option.jpg (106.03 KiB) Viewed 5564 times
Stylesjl
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by Stylesjl »

In all honesty I hate the talent system - that's why I set it to Greatly Simplified. But the big reason I hate it is the micromanagement, I think it would be good to have a setting that just fixes salaries so that the loyalty is always 80% (or any other percentage).
David

Post by David »

Stylesjl wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:42 am In all honesty I hate the talent system - that's why I set it to Greatly Simplified. But the big reason I hate it is the micromanagement, I think it would be good to have a setting that just fixes salaries so that the loyalty is always 80% (or any other percentage).
Would you mind telling me what is the gameplay difference between using Greatly Simplified mode, and adding a setting that just fixes salaries so that the loyalty is always 80% (or any other percentage) ?
Stylesjl
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by Stylesjl »

David wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:54 am
Stylesjl wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:42 am In all honesty I hate the talent system - that's why I set it to Greatly Simplified. But the big reason I hate it is the micromanagement, I think it would be good to have a setting that just fixes salaries so that the loyalty is always 80% (or any other percentage).
Would you mind telling me what is the gameplay difference between using Greatly Simplified mode, and adding a setting that just fixes salaries so that the loyalty is always 80% (or any other percentage) ?
I don't think there would be any real difference - so perhaps the set to 80% feature could be disabled in Greatly Simplified Mode.
David

Post by David »

I asked the dev team on this and their reply was that if there is a function automatically keeping royalty at 80%, then the headhunting feature will become useless. Don't you think that we should keep it as it is to allow players who prefer to use the headhunting feature to use the normal version of the talent system, and those who do not like micromanaging their salaries to use the Simplified Talent System option?
Stylesjl
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by Stylesjl »

David wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:08 am I asked the dev team on this and their reply was that if there is a function automatically keeping royalty at 80%, then the headhunting feature will become useless. Don't you think that we should keep it as it is to allow players who prefer to use the headhunting feature to use the normal version of the talent system, and those who do not like micromanaging their salaries to use the Simplified Talent System option?
Maybe - but if you keep loyalty at 80% you have to pay for it, but if you keep it below 80% you pay less but run the risk of headhunting - so it would be tradeoff of risk vs money.