Market share 100% but no sales Johannesberg

Digital Age DLC for Capitalism Lab
gregoryvance
Level 2 user

Market share 100% but no sales Johannesberg

Post by gregoryvance »

Perfume is showing 100 percent market share all cities, but no sales in Johannesberg
Same thing is happening to other products e.g. headache pills, socks where sales reduce to zero despite the price being set low

Don't understand why this is happening or is this a bug?
no sales.jpg
no sales.jpg (1.01 MiB) Viewed 1772 times
Attachments
No sales.zip
(2.33 MiB) Downloaded 73 times
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Market share 100% but no sales Johannesberg

Post by David »

I noticed that your company merged another company in May 2009. It seems that the merger messed up some data, resulting in affecting the product sales of certain products.

Do you have any save games before the merger that you can send it to us so that we can test it and try to track down the bug?
Attachments
productdemandbug.jpg
productdemandbug.jpg (560.65 KiB) Viewed 1685 times
gregoryvance
Level 2 user

Post by gregoryvance »

yes I have an old saved game - see attached
thanks David
Attachments
PLAY_040.zip
(1.76 MiB) Downloaded 75 times
David

Post by David »

I found out that the reason why your perfume does not sell in your retail stores is because your e-commerce website is getting most of the sales of perfume. Please see the attached screenshot.
Attachments
PerfumeSales.jpg
PerfumeSales.jpg (479.17 KiB) Viewed 1636 times
gregoryvance
Level 2 user

Post by gregoryvance »

I set up a large perfume factory next to the department store i Johannesberg and it does not have retail sales and very little E commerce sales. SO i don,t think the problem has been solved by the above analysis. There seems to be a bug see attached file. I note that the factory shows monthly purchase of $146000 by department store ! When I set the price to $5 and put game speed on fast the perfume had retail sales in the department store. It seems to be comparing the product to average value in the city, and if product is not below average value nothing shows up on charts.
Attachments
Problem.zip
(2.35 MiB) Downloaded 72 times
David

Post by David »

gregoryvance wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:50 pm I set up a large perfume factory next to the department store i Johannesberg and it does not have retail sales and very little E commerce sales. SO i don,t think the problem has been solved by the above analysis. There seems to be a bug see attached file. I note that the factory shows monthly purchase of $146000 by department store ! When I set the price to $5 and put game speed on fast the perfume had retail sales in the department store. It seems to be comparing the product to average value in the city, and if product is not below average value nothing shows up on charts.
I've downloaded and loaded your save game. I don't quite fully understand what you said above. Could you please elaborate and provide step-by-step instructions for checking the problem in your save game? Please also describe the problem precisely.