New speeches in upcoming version 10.0

General Discussions about new beta versions of Capitalism Lab
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

New speeches in upcoming version 10.0

Post by David »

New speeches that keep you informed about your company's competitive position in the market.

When your company becomes the market leader in a product category, the game will play a speech announcing that.
Conversely, when your company loses the market leadership in a product category, you will likewise be notified through a speech.

The speeches are in the following format:

Your company is now the leader in the <product type> market.
Example: Your company is now the leader in the television market.

Your company has lost its leadership in the <product type> market.
Example: Your company has lost its leadership in the desktop computer market.

In addition, when your R&D center has invented a new product, the game will announce that with a speech.

The <product type> has been invented.
Example: The first smart phone has been invented.

Speech Preference
Each player may have different preferences regarding the types of speeches they wish to hear. In this new version, it will be possible to customize and enable/disable individual speech categories according to your preference.
Attachments
speech_options.png
speech_options.png (195.61 KiB) Viewed 1895 times
paulwoman
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Re: New speeches in upcoming version 10.0

Post by paulwoman »

In concrete terms. How do you plan to do the series of lyrics for the translation?

Your example "Your company is now the leader in the <product type> market."

Will there be a file for each product or will there be a file that says "Your company is now the leader in the market. and another file says the product?

Note that it seems more natural to me if it's possible to make a complete file for each product.
David

Post by David »

paulwoman wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:44 pm In concrete terms. How do you plan to do the series of lyrics for the translation?

Your example "Your company is now the leader in the <product type> market."

Will there be a file for each product or will there be a file that says "Your company is now the leader in the market. and another file says the product?

Note that it seems more natural to me if it's possible to make a complete file for each product.
I've some good news for you. The dev team has made the French versions of these speeches. I've got the files from them and upload the RAR file to this site for your download as a preview: https://caplab.b-cdn.net/translate/Fren ... review.rar

By the way, if you notice any issues with these speeches, please let me know.
paulwoman
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by paulwoman »

Thanks a lot

Here a link of a sheet with all the files that need updated https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 3&range=B1
David

Post by David »

paulwoman wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:05 pm Here a link of a sheet with all the files that need updated https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 3&range=B1
Do you mean some of the French speech files need to be updated because they are incorrect? Which part of this sheet should I look at?
paulwoman
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by paulwoman »

David wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:25 am
paulwoman wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:05 pm Here a link of a sheet with all the files that need updated https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 3&range=B1
Do you mean some of the French speech files need to be updated because they are incorrect? Which part of this sheet should I look at?
Yes? Please check the collumn A is the folder, B the name of the mp3. The sentences are from C to E.
David

Post by David »

paulwoman wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:27 am
David wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:25 am
Yes? Please check the collumn A is the folder, B the name of the mp3. The sentences are from C to E.
Please download this file with the updated speeches: https://caplab.b-cdn.net/translate/Fren ... eview2.rar

The programmer has used the following method to produce the speeches:
>the programmer created a tool to output a translate file based on the game's translated text (see the attached t_item.txt)
>then use another tool to produce the speeches using this t_item.txt.
Attachments

[The extension txt has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

paulwoman
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by paulwoman »

Thanks for all the informations.

There is a file with a few changes

[The extension txt has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

It's mostly a change because of the use of acronyms in the game, whereas by voice, it's possible to say the whole word. I didn't listening the new versions.

However, I can't work out what CCD stands for, and you need to know it to be able to transcribe it correctly.

by the way, do you have any idea when the closed beta might be released? Thanks!
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by cantdownloadit »

paulwoman
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by paulwoman »

cantdownloadit wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:24 am i believe CCD refers to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charge-coupled_device
So, CCD will be translate by CTC on the next version for "Capteur à Transfert de Charge"