Why do I have much less market share than competitor?

General discussions about the release versions of Capitalism Lab
xuxin1458
Level 2 user

Re: Why do I have much less market share than competitor?

Post by xuxin1458 »

David wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:22 am I studied your game further and found that the amount of sales of refrigerators in each store are in the same range same compared between your company and your competitors, around $250,000 per month.

It seems that the numbers of retail stores that you and your competitors have play a big role in the market shares. I would suggest that you increase the number of stores selling the same product to match your competitors'. If it is not possible to do so in this game due to insufficient real estate space available, you may start a new game and do a test on this.
My suggestion is to increase the price elasticity of the Operations Director. Currently, the Operations Director's price is based on brand and quality. If someone participates in competition, the Operations Director will not reduce the price accordingly, but will maintain the price to a certain extent according to the evaluation. My suggestion is to reduce the flexibility of the price set by the Operations Director. For example, if the other party engages in a price war with me, my Operations Director will also lower the price until they occupy most of the market (without losing money)
Way2co0l
Level 2 user

Post by Way2co0l »

So I'm not sure if it's better to post under a similar topic or to start my own but I basically have the same question and I'm trying to make sense of it. I'm trying to capture market share with my banks and yet seem to be losing ground despite having higher service quality, branding, and better interest rates. I have just as many bank locations as any of my competitors do and feels like I should be able to gain ground in this fight rather than on the losing end where I've dropped from 14% share down to 10% in the last year or so. I know there's a fair bit of competition and I'm not expecting to dominate the area, but I do think it's fair to expect that I'd be competitive here. I'm really not sure why I'm not. Am I missing something obvious here?
Market Share.png
Market Share.png (64.78 KiB) Viewed 264 times
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

I loaded the latest savegame you provided and let it run without doing anything.

Its market share increased from 11% to 22%, as you can see in the attached screenshot.

I counted that you have 6 retail stores selling refrigerators and there are a total of 20 retail stores selling refrigerators.

6/20 = 30%.

It seems that the main reason why you are not getting 30% market share is because the competitor stores' customer traffic indices are higher than your stores'.

I also attached the save game after my run so that you can load and test it.
Attachments
refrigerator.png
refrigerator.png (634.27 KiB) Viewed 195 times
BYC__005.rar
(3.94 MiB) Downloaded 4 times
bycomet
Level 3 user

Post by bycomet »

David wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:03 am I also attached the save game after my run so that you can load and test it.
Wierd. I put it into \My Games\Capitalism Lab\SAVE, but can't find it on the load game list. Is it because I have only base game while you have DLC?

But I agree with you that traffic index can lead to the difference in market share. In late game, the scarcest resource is high-traffic-index land, which makes it difficult to dominate all procuct markets.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

bycomet wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:13 am Wierd. I put it into \My Games\Capitalism Lab\SAVE, but can't find it on the load game list. Is it because I have only base game while you have DLC?
Not sure why. Since I saved your game, it also doesn't have DLCs. You may just run the save game you provided to me until 2086 without doing anything and you will get the same result.
Way2co0l
Level 2 user

Post by Way2co0l »

Anyone know why my banks are struggling for market share? Do I need to start a new post for it?