Any way to forbid player and AI from entering real estate and media industry?

General discussions about the release versions of Capitalism Lab
bycomet
Level 3 user

Any way to forbid player and AI from entering real estate and media industry?

Post by bycomet »

Both industries provides profits easily, especially media. Once two or three media companies are established, the profits it provides can cover the losses of other industries. This leads to some AI companies hard to go bankrupt even if they are making losses in all other sectors.

Is there a way to keep only initial government-owned real estate and media firms, and prohibit player and AI from entering these sectors? I know in the game setting we can disable specific product, but real estate and media are not on the list.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Any way to forbid player and AI from entering real estate and media industry?

Post by David »

I've forwarded your suggestion to the dev team.

But in my own testing, real estate is not excessively profitable. Do you have a savegame where you are generating too much profit from real estate that you can share?
bycomet
Level 3 user

Re: Any way to forbid player and AI from entering real estate and media industry?

Post by bycomet »

Hi David, thanks! The reason I mention real estate is that it's a sector that whoever gets into it early wins. It's so easy to get enough occupants to start generating profit from the beginning of the game. But since city population is stable in the game, other companies that plan to enter this sector will always face positive supply&demand index and hard to make profit. As long as real estate companies don't join competition in other industries, they need no further expenditure so they're not at risk. Because it's so special, I wish I have the option to exclude it from the game.