Challenge game; Banking issues; Capworld Mod

General Discussions about new beta versions of Capitalism Lab
mab5w

Challenge game; Banking issues; Capworld Mod

Post by mab5w »

Hey, long time player, first time poster.

Are there no challenge cames currently up? I've never tried one and just saw it. I looked to start one because I thought a couple of them were recent but they didn't show up in my challenge game menu. Is there just a small window of time to attempt them?

Banking & Insurance:

Banking, I'm constantly having to transfer money to my bank. I took over the banking market (100%) by buying out the competition but it constantly requires me to transfer cash to keep the bank capital ratio above 7%. My bank is profitable because I'm pushing slightly more riskier loans so I don't think I've got too much overhead or marketing. But it constantly requires more cash to keep the bank capital ratio afloat. If the bank is showing a profit, how is the bank cap ratio constantly going down?? The banks assets in cash are through the roof and it's profitable. Doesn't make sense to me.

Insurance, I'm making a killing and finally took over the market around year 2025 (about 70%) but I still have to transfer money to it every now and then even if I never take any money out of it. And it's showing that it's profit is through the roof, in the billions. It's constantly increasing in profits but it needs me to transfer money? Does it automatically transfer profits to parent company? Is there a way to stop that or am I just not running it properly? I have invested heavily in the global stock market and it seems to be doing wonderfully but is that causing the issue? Do I need to keep a significant amount of cash on hand?

Also, we really need a global bond market. That's where I would prefer to invest with my insurance company because its most realistic. Not enough local bonds after the first few years.

CAPWORLD?
I can't get it to work. I was wanting to try my hand at an airline. Realworld and Modworld work fine. I love Realworld. But I've never been able to get Capworld to work. Any help?

Any help would be appreciated! I absolutely love the game. Been playing it for years.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Challenge game; Banking issues; Capworld Mod

Post by David »

1) Please be informed that challenge games are available not in post-release beta version. They are available in release versions only.
Latest release version: http://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=7

2) Please see: https://www.capitalismlab.com/banking-d ... uirements/

3) Global bonds have been implemented in the latest post-release version: http://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewto ... =10&t=7467

4) You can play CAPWORLD mod if you disable the Digital Age DLC, as it is not compatible with Digital Age DLC. You may leave a message to the mod author suggesting him to update the mod.